Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wish I Would've Known This Years Ago.

I wish that when we were starting our church sixteen years ago, that there had been a booklet written of "what not to do" as you are starting a new "work".

I get it mixed up, I keep trying to make sure I don't offend people, when Jesus, as I study, did not seem to worry about offending people.

He knew he had only three short years to teach and influence a whole lot of people. He called people names and he spoke directly to their needs. Lord, help us to be infused with your anointing so that we may speak with boldness and love. Recently I felt so led to go to a lady's home that had been very ill and had not been in church for a long time. After a while of small talk, I felt led to talk straight to her about her relationship with God. Thankfully, she opened up her heart to me and cried, afterward, we had a great prayer meeting. I never saw her alive again, the next time I looked at her she was laying in a beautiful casket. I am so glad that I talked directly to her need. I had a boldness come over me that shocked even me. I laid hands on her and prayed fervantly for her. She never again was in a church; she died. At her funeral, I was overwhelmed with gratitude to the Lord that he had moved me to go see her. Lord, help me to be led by your Spirit and to be bold. If I had worried about offending her, we would not have been able to pray that way. She needed to get through to God, and she did. Be bold, be loving , but be bold.